General Collection of Personal Information
VFC collects and uses personal information such as an individual’s name, address, telephone number and email address at the donor’s voluntary discretion. A record of said information is maintained in VFC’s secured donor database for IRS reporting, data analysis, and financial analysis conducted by VFC’s Development Department.
For monetary donations completed by donors through VFC’s secured online credit card portal, personal information (account name, credit card number, email address, physical billing address, and expiration date), is collected by a third-party credit card processing agency. This information is solely used for authorization and billing purposes and is not otherwise shared. For monetary donations issued offline (via check, traditional office credit card terminal processing, etc.) personal information (name, account number, credit card number, and physical billing address) is collected by VFC exclusively for processing contributions and sending formal acknowledgement letters for tax purposes.
VFC automatically collects information about the devices used by the organization’s website visitors through cookies and log files. This information includes but is not limited to: IP addresses, browser types, domain names, access times, and referral sources.
- Cookies are small text files a website can use to recognize repeat visitors, facilitate ongoing access to and use of the site, and allow the site to track usage and compile aggregate data that will allow improvements to content. Cookies are not programs that enter computer systems and damage files. If you want to block, erase or be warned of cookies, there is a simple procedure in most browsers that allows you to deny or accept the cookie feature. If you reject a cookie, you may still use the site but, you will be limited in some of its areas.
- Log files. We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site and obtain demographic information. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Use of Personal Information
VFC is the sole owner of the information collected from our donors. We may use personal information in the following ways:
- To contact you about your use of this site or about our programs, services, or events.
- To advocate for children or otherwise advance the organization’s mission.
- To respond to your comments or requests;
- To seek your feedback for quality assurance and improvements to the website;
- For informational, promotional, marketing, and fundraising purposes.
Sharing Personal Information
VFC uses best practices to respect and protect the privacy of donors and website visitors. The organization will not trade or share personally identifiable information with other organizations, or third parties, aside from those acting as agents in providing services to the abused, abandoned, and neglected children and youth in Miami-Dade County. With your consent, we may disclose personal information you provide to independent contractors, volunteers, agencies, service providers, and consultants who are working with VFC in order to deliver programs and services. We may also disclose personal information we have collected if we are required to do so by law or, if in our good faith judgment, this action is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process, to respond to any claims, or to protect the rights of VFC, its constituents, and the public.
This website contains links to other websites. VFC is not responsible for the privacy practices of these other websites. VFC encourages our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by VFC.
Choices in Using Information
You may “opt-out” of receiving communications from VFC by emailing us at email@example.com.
The organization uses its best efforts to ensure that the information on our website is correct and accurate. If an inaccuracy has occurred, we will make a correction in a timely manner. If you wish to verify, correct, or delete any personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for visiting our website and supporting our mission.