It has been a great year for Voices For Children and there is no better way to say thank you than with a recap of the events we did together during this year. If it weren’t for your participation and appreciated donations in our different activities, none of this would have been possible. You have helped us create even more smiles than we could have ever imagined and there are not enough ways to express our gratitude.
Let’s take a look at what we did together in 2015:
- The Strike Out Child Abuse Bowling Tournament raised more than $18,000! Judging by the smiles on people’s faces everyone was a winner!
- During Back to School season we had two major events that helped put a smile on kids’ faces:
- Old Navy provided a VIP shopping experience for children allowing them to shop for clothes and school supplies before the start of the school year, giving a $100 gift card to 300 children! Click here to read more.
- Back to School In-Style, we partnered with Style Saves, where children could pick out free clothes and accessories and model them in a mini runway show to give them the opportunity to strive. Click here to read more
- Be A Voice Soccer Cup generated $15,500 for Voices For Children Foundation. Thank you to Mercantil CommerceBank as our main sponsor, and other participating companies that competed and supported a valuable cause. Learn more about this event here.
- At the Be A Voice Awards Luncheon, Mrs. Abigail Price-Williams and Mr. John Lopez received the 2015 Most Valuable Protector Advocate Award and Path Finder Award, respectively. Both awardees thanked Voices For Children for their hard work and dedication to foster care children in Miami-Dade. We raised $130,000 at the event to benefit the Foundation and encouraged others to help foster children. Want more information on this event? Click here.
- Give Miami Day is a movement to show the world how one day can change a city. The Miami community dedicated 24-hours to fundraising, on November 19th, allowing all individuals to make an impact supporting local non-profits. Because of the generosity of all those who donated, Voices For Children raised over $53,000 to support abused, abandoned and neglected children of Miami-Dade County. Click here for more details.
There is no doubt that it has been an awesome and exciting year, and we are positive that the best is yet to come. We are looking forward to achieving better results and creating more experiences for our children in Miami-Dade. Starting with our Be A Voice, Create A Legacy Gala, to be held on January 16, 2016. You’re still welcome to join us! Click here for more information.